I have a little time on my hands this summer being in between jobs and out of school so I thought "why not start a blog?" There are so many people who are talented writers with interesting things to say about art, culture, politics and saving the planet, etc. I'm not exactly sure I have anything remotely poignant or productive to say but what the hell, I could surprise myself or at the very least use it as a mode of self-therapy.
Given the off chance that someone may read this blog I will try not to complain about the state of the economy, my empty bank account, my every other day migraine or my dissatisfaction with my current weight...what I would love to talk about are all things pretty (being a part of family who owns a store called Girl-Lee of course I love all things fashion and design and totally girly).
I want to talk about family because who are we without the people who love us? Where would I be without the people who made me who I am, inspired me and encouraged me to follow my interests and do what makes me happy? And what would have happened without the people who really told me like it is?
I'm sure I will often talk about food since, let's face it, I don't go a moment without pondering the next thing on the meal plan. My missed calling was to be a food critic, Kendra's gastronomic critiques...yes that has a nice ring to it. I do live in the fabulous coastal community of Monterey, CA and we can boast the best produce in the world and therefore some seriously fresh and delicious, downright good eats.
The fourth and final F stands for Fun. I thought that was a nice general word for all the good stuff that makes life enjoyable and interesting. Fun is for all the big vacations, the little explorations, the quick moments laughing at a joke, the slow times soakin' in the tub. Fun is reading a good book, watering my garden and learning to sew. I have the most fabulous sewing room that I was lucky enough to get when we bought our first place just 6 months ago. Thanks to my dear friends who pitched in to buy me my first sewing machine as a bridal shower gift I will be posting all my little projects I am working on. So far I have made curtains for my kitchen, a scrub top pattern, and a couple fun little mixed media designs. Thanks ladies for such a great gift!
There are other F words I could have included but I opted to leave those out. I have thing for alliteration as many of my friends already know. I married my husband because his last name sounded good with mine, Kendra Lee Larsen, haha. No actually I married him for his accounting skills, LOL. He keeps me in check in the spending department:)
Well, I think that's enough for the first post. Blogging is nice because you can edit yourself, maybe I don't edit well enough but at least it's not like my speeches....oh God if you would of heard my wedding speech, the horror...I still have nightmares about all the garbage that rambled out of my mouth. I have to EDIT EDIT EDIT myself. Ok, bye.
Monday, June 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment